FAQFAQ      RegisterRegisterLog inLog in

BREEDING FORUM >> Equinome another aspect
TOPOFTHEHILL

Posted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 9:45 am

Dawn Run has for the time being drawn a line under the subject and although we didn't get many answers to the questions we raised we must respect this. I have been reading the papers published on the site trying to understand some of the science and I urge anyone with a bit of time to do the same. Its not easy reading and I do not guarantee that you will be much wiser after you have read them (i'm certainly not). One thing that was proven and which I think throws a whole new angle on the test and its cost was that CC and CT horses earned nearly 6 times as much as TT horses. As breeders and owners therefore unless there is some other diriving factor we should get our mares tested and get rid of our TT mares and the cost of the test would be well worth the money. We should then try to steer away from TT stallions if we can identify them and that might not be too difficult without the cost of the test. If we are owner breeders who sell the odd one we should get our foals tested and sell any TT foals resulting from CT x CT or we should only run CC mares who cannot breed TT foals unless you use a TT stallion. Reply
Jump to: