FAQFAQ      RegisterRegisterLog inLog in

BREEDING FORUM >> Reduced nomination fees: 2011
Wand

Posted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 19:42 pm

I?m wondering if anyone can give me any hints on stallions in Ireland with nomination fees in the ?4,000 - ?10,000 category that are available at a reduced rate of say ?3,000: Reply
  • Squid»Tue Feb 22, 2011 16:56 pm
    You should offer ?3,000 for any horse advertised at ?5,000/?6,000. I would doubt the higher advertised stallions but I will think about that! Reply
  • English Gent»Tue Feb 22, 2011 17:17 pm
    Wand I don't think it is fair or proper to ask others about confirmed 'deals'. All we can really do is give opinions on where we feel is value and what we 'would ' like to pay. The Official advertised fees are well known and generally I would say are being discounted say 25%/30%. Breeders offering a bundle of mares should generally get the best deals. Reply
  • Irish Paddy»Tue Feb 22, 2011 18:07 pm
    If a stallion has a limit and is very close to being full then unless you have a great mare I doubt you could expect a discount. So let's forget those popular stallions. Stallions that have had three/four crops running with winners but short on Group winners are getting non-commercial and you have to ask yourself is it worth the commercial risk using them? So let's forget them too. That pretty much leaves us with the second, third and fourth covering season sires - the one's awaiting runners. These can be the value stallions although more than less end up duds. Nevertheless, these are the ones where the stallion owners are very anxiuos to 'fill' and this is where you should- in my opinion - find a suitability for your mare's pedigree and your own pocket. Reply
  • Enzed»Tue Feb 22, 2011 21:23 pm
    Paddy, for years I've just taken you for granted - you are who you are - but you are a very wise person we should all take notice of :) - I'm being very genuine re this. Very succinct summing up. Reply
  • barney»Wed Feb 23, 2011 4:53 am
    Paddy is right and another fact that has happenned in the past ten years is that whatever fee a first season sire stands at in his first year, this fee will be reduced in his second season and so on. Mind you, SEA THE STARS is again at ?85,000 but that is the rare exception. Here are a few other examples MASTERCRAFTSMAN 20,000-->17,500...ART CONNOISSEUR ?7,000-->?4,500(and dealing) .... DANDY MAN ?4,500-->?3,500.... Reply
  • Sheikh»Wed Feb 23, 2011 4:14 am
    Take Squid and Paddys replies and you have your answer. Reply
  • Wand»Wed Feb 23, 2011 15:00 pm
    Thanks all for the helpful suggestions............ Reply
  • Valerie»Wed Feb 23, 2011 16:08 pm
    Do let us know what you select......and why.......but you dont have to tell us the fee !! Reply
  • Squid»Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:58 am
    I read today that a stallion in UK (just cannot remember his name) that stood for uk?2,500 is now available this year for uk?500 - fee payable when mare arrives at the stud and refundable if she fails to go in foal. Reply
  • Green Man»Tue Mar 01, 2011 14:57 pm
    I believe the stallion you refer to is RESPLENDENT GLORY[by NAMID] and actually his fee was ?2000 and down to ?500 payable up front. Apparently he has sired 75% colts from his first two crops so, you can expect a lot of fillies to balance that up ! Reply
  • yorkshirepudding»Mon Mar 07, 2011 17:42 pm
    He has yet to sire a winner, so a gelding op and career as an endurance horse (TBs who were sprinters make great endurance horses for some reason) might be a wise move.... Reply
  • barney»Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:53 am
    Ha Ha thats wonderful infomation YP. Well done. He has not sired a winner and they advertise how wonderful he is to sire more colts than fillies - what a laugh that gives me - nice one YP. Reply
Jump to: