FAQFAQ      RegisterRegisterLog inLog in

BREEDING FORUM >> Mayson Pedigree comments
TOPOFTHEHILL

Posted: Tue Jun 04, 2024 14:00 pm

I didn't like him much, he appeared to be a mudlark and was very inconsistent, when things were in his favour he was smart but he ran a few really bad races. His pedigree looks OK on most platforms I use. His sire Invincible Spirit was a top class producer of quick runners not always correct in front. Mayson's dam Mayleaf has a nice clear Xpath to Selene and so does Invincible Spirit so he is a double. Mayleaf has an other Xpath for good measure. and is a double to Nogara.

Mayson has in his back pedigree a decent bunch of siblings Full and 3/4 but appears to be a bit brother x brother heavy but he does have the sisters Sweet Lavender and Rose Red. A really interesting feature is his 3/4 siblings Mumtaz Begum x Mahmoud x Badruddin.

He has been a bit of a poor sire with only 2.5% stakes winners to runners but maybe his winners to runners reflects more his place. He got more winners than you might expect but a lot of them were not very good winners.

One that was was Oxted who was also a double Xpath (Nogara) and a possible double with Selene (50% Chance).

Maysons major affinities were Danzig, Danehill, Mr Prospector, Rainbow Quest, and Storm Bird. I am not at all sure where Raibow Quest comes in to it I am going to have a look.
Jump to: