FAQFAQ      RegisterRegisterLog inLog in

BREEDING FORUM >> City Light (2014)
amadán

Posted: Mon Mar 11, 2024 20:05 pm

This sire stands in France at a Euro 7,000 fee. Today I watched a few races at Toulouse and Le Mans on the France-Galop website, going Lourd (heavy) at both courses. ................... At Le Mans the first race was won by a filly having her 9th race, with City Light males filling 2nd and 3rd, both having their fourth starts. The 7th race at Toulouse was starting, five runners, and I guessed the City Light 3yo filly would win. She won narrowly. ........................... At this stage of the season City Light is leading the 2nd Season Sires in France and is 19th in the General Sires table. He has a few dozen runners with many more listed born in 2022 and 2023. The interesting things to me is City Light is by Siyouni, who leads the General Sires in France, and City Light has Bustino (m) once and Klairon (m) twice in his pedigree. My guess is mares with Bustino and/or Klairon in their pedigrees would produce the best runners by City Light. Unfortunately, almost all of the City Light runners I looked at have neither of those in their dam. But the two highest rated by City Light on the Racing Post website are Rock The Kasbah (RPR 98; Bustino is in the dam) and Dyrholaey (RPR 93; Klairon is in the dam). I mentioned before on the forum Bustino has Rosetta (f) in his pedigree: by Kantar (m) out of Rose Red (f) (Swynford (m) - Matrchetta (f). Klairon (m) has Kalmia (f) in his pedigree: by Kantar (m) out Sweet Lavender (f) (Swynford (m) - Matrchetta (f). - by the same sire out of full sisters. .......................... A very strange pedigree in the ancestors of the sire City Light (m) is his 5th dam Marmara (f) (1959). .......... Marmara's sire has Marliese (f) 2nd dam of her sire Masetto (m) and the pedigree of Marliese (f) is by Graf Ferry (m) out of Marie Louise (f) by Pergolese (m), and Marie Louise's dam is Maria (Fervor - Macht). .......... Marmara's dam has Makrone (f) 2nd dam of her dam Matina (m) and the pedigree of Matina (f) is by Graf Ferry (m) out of Makrele (f) by Pergolese (m), and Marie Louise's dam is Makte (Fervor - Macht). Reply
Jump to: