FAQFAQ      RegisterRegisterLog inLog in

BREEDING FORUM >> Constitution Hill
amadán

Posted: Wed Jan 10, 2024 18:03 pm

Jumps racing is of little interest to me. The weather is cold, the ground mucky, the horses slow, and the spectators look like they are part of the Peaky Blinders cast. Jumping is not a natural activity for horses. ..................... Constitution Hill makes other hurdlers look slow, and I want to know why he is fast. He is by Blue Bresil, a super jumps sire, but I want to know why Blue Bresil is a super sire. I assume hurdlers are faster than steeplechase horses, and are closer to flat runners in speed. ........................... What gives Constitution Hill his speed? When I look at his pedigree I immediately notice a similarity to the pedigree of Ace Impact, winner of the Prix de l'Arc de Triomphe and other good races. The pedigree similarity is not obvious in the first six generations of their pedigrees, and as sales catalogues only give the first three generations of a pedigree, I doubt people bother with the 7th, 8th, 9th generations. ...................... The sire Blue Bresil has Klairon (1952) (m) twice in his pedigree. The dam of Constitution Hill, Queen Of The Stage (2010) (f) has Bustino (1971) (m) in her pedigree as sire of Supreme Leader (19822) (m). If you compare Klairon (1952) (m) with Ship Yard (1963) (f) the dam of Bustino (1971) (m) you see that the dam of Klairon (1952) (m) is Kalmia (1931) (f) who is by Kantar (1925) (m) out of Sweet Levender (1923) (f) (Swynford - Marchetts). ............... The 2nd dam of Ship Yard (1963) (f) dam of Bustino, is Rosetta (1931) (f) by Kantar our of Rose Red (1924) (f) (Swynford - Marchetta). Kalmia and Rosetta are by the same sire out of full sibling sisters. .................... If I step back and compare Klairon (twice in Blue Bresil) with Paving Stone (1946) (f) [Bustion's dam line is 1st Ship Yard -> 2nd Paving Stone -> 3rd Rosetta] there is much more than the matching mentioned above between Kalmia (dam of Klairon) and Rosetta (3rd dam of Bustino). Clarion (1944) (m), sire of Klairon, has Kizil Kourgan (f) who is a full sibling sister of Kizil Sou (f), 2nd dam of Kantar, and also has Colorado (1923) (m) by Phalaris out of a mare by Chaucer (1900) (m) ............ Paving Stone (1946) (f) is by Fairway (1913) (m) out of a mare by Chaucer (1900) (m). Strangely Swynford, the sire of the full sisters Sweet Lavender and Rose Red, has the mares La Fleche and Canterbury Pilgrim close up, and Fairway and Colorado have Maid MArion (sister of La Fleche) and Canterbury Pilgrim close up in their pedigrees. .................. At this stage I should point out that Ace Impact (2020) (m) has Klairon once and Bustino twice; Constitution Hill has Klairon twice and Bustino once, but in each case this gives the Kalmia - Rose Red (or her full sibling Sweet Lavender) three times in the pedigrees of those two fast horses. ............................ What about the other good Blue Bresil offspring? ............... Royale Pragaille does not have Bustino, but he does have a few very interesting females back in the 8th, 9th, 10th generations. Once again these rare females are full siblings of horses in the major sires in the ancestors of Blue Bresil. ................... Forget the idea that influence is halved each generation. Genes are not halved each generation, they are either passed on or not passed on. You probably know that every grey horse has one parent who is a grey (or both parents) and you can trace that grey colour back for as many generations as you like, 15 or 20 or more generations and you will find that to be true. .......................... Here are a few rare females in the 6th generation of Royale Pigaille that have full siblings in Blue Bresil: (1) Zanzara (1951) (f) has Ignita (1897) (f) [Cambyse - Bougie) on her dam line, and Klairon has Gardefue (f) [Cambyse - Bougie) in his pedigree in Kantar (m). (2) Trial Ground (1944) (f) has Golden Silence (1926) (f) (Swynford - Molly Desmond) on her dam line, and Northern Dancer (1961 (m) has Sarita (1924) (f) (Swynford - Molly Desmond) on the dam line of his sire Nearctic. (3) Nonats (1937) (f) has Wife Of Bath (1904) (f) (St Simon - Canterbury Pilgrim) on her dam line, a full sibling of Chaucer (1900) (m) who is 52 times in the first 12 generations of Royale Pagaille.. ............................... What about the next best runner by Blue Bresil? This is Blue Lord, and he has a very conventional inbreeding pedigree, but again the matched horses in his first six generations are linking to our old friends, the full sibling sisters, Sweet Lavender (1923) (f) and Rose Red (1924) (f). Blue Lord (2015) (g) has the sire Tip Moss (1972) (m) duplicated 4 x 4 producing a daughter and son, which is the best duplication for a male runner (two sons of a duplicated sire, the most common duplication, is the worst). Blue Lord also has Irish Star (1960) (f) duplicated producing a son and daughter. .......................... Twig Moss (m) is by Luthier (m) who is by Klairon. Irish Star (f) is by Klairon (m). What you have in Blue Lord is two sons and two daughters of Klairon (m). This is getting complicated but Irish Star (1960) (f) has Sweet Lavender (1923) (f) twice, on both her her dam lines. Tip Moss (1972) (m) has Sweet Lavender (f) and Rose Red (f). Between Tip Moss (m) and Irish Star (f) you have these full sibling sisters eight times. Those two full sibling sisters are twelve times in Blue Lord, the other four times from other ancestors. ..................................... Blue Bresil does not have some trick that makes him a good sire. He is a good sire when he is mated to a mare that matches his pedigree well. And not so good when there is no matching. It makes me wonder about the high bidding for offspring of sires in fashion. Reply
Jump to: