FAQFAQ      RegisterRegisterLog inLog in

RACING FORUM >> Mostahdaf (smart performer?)
TOPOFTHEHILL

Posted: Fri Jun 23, 2023 13:09 pm

The performance that has impressed me the most so far is that of Mostahdaf, (Frankel ex Handassa). Firstly the race was very solid the runners were relatively closely matched and 5 of the 6 runners were within a couple of pounds of each other. Luxembourg was rated 123 which I thought to be very fair, or possibly slightly under rated.
Mostahdaf was drawn 6 of 6 so in many ways his tactical race was determined he would have to settle in behind and then come wide into the straight. This is exactly what he did although he was forced to come very wide. He must have completed a significant distance more than his rivals at the line.
He finished 4 lengths in front of Luxembourg (OR 132) a further ½ length ahead of Derby winner Adayar and 7 lengths in front of Champion Stakes winner Bay Bridge who I think found the going a bit too quick.
If you take the draw and the extra distance he had to race over by going wide and without taking the other horses ratings back (why would you) I have concluded that he won very easily and would rate the performance at the very least 128. That is getting up toward Baaheed standard at this time last year and no one is making much fuss about it.
Jump to: