FAQFAQ      RegisterRegisterLog inLog in

BREEDING FORUM >> Bobby's kitten and Study of Man
jonly19

Posted: Fri Aug 05, 2022 13:05 pm

Any opinions on the above 2. Seem to be an outcross for alot of mares. Sandrine flying the flag for bk. Study of man first yearlings be selling soon. Has a lovely pedigree. Has anyone seen them and thoughts conformation wise? Thanks in adv as nce Reply
  • Mark One»Fri Aug 05, 2022 15:32 pm
    STUDY OF MAN has a great pedigree in my book. fee of £12,500 is chancy. DEEP IMPACT ex dam by STORM CAT ex second dam by NUREYEV has a lot of appeal to me. My one worry is his dam only ran once (unplaced) and she is 3x3 N. DANCER. Reply
  • Reference Point»Sat Aug 06, 2022 7:49 am
    I always tend to like the pedigrees of Lanwades stallions. They are generally out of my price range so I don't bother going to look at them and hence have no idea of their physicals. The owner obviously has a view on the type of stallion she wants there and can afford not to worry about the commercial aspects of the business too much. Its great that Sea The Moon has done so well there but I'm not so sure about these two. I'm not sure SW line stallions generally outside of G and M and DI line stallions are still a bit unproven in Europe ( I know there are 1 or 2 exceptions mainly from Coolmores top class mares). I'm not sure who will take over the reins when the owner gives it up but I doubt these types of stallions will continue be stood there in the numbers they have. Reply
  • TOPOFTHEHILL»Sun Aug 07, 2022 12:26 pm
    Firstly Study of Man. Its a pedigree nerds pedigree, absolutely fabulous, no Sadler's Wells no Danehill and damline to Miesque with her rare female strain of Plucky Liege. He has Sadler's 3/4 brother too. Thats what I call a really commercial pedigree because it 'should' appeal to a huge number of breeders with Sadler's or Danehill mares. You are right RP Lanwades is not necessarily a commercial stud and probably doesn't need to be but they do run on quite commercial lines and your chances of getting much of a discounted fee are about zero. I saw him as a 3yo and he was very unfurnished, probably still immature but athletic and no major conformation problems, not absolutely sure about his wind though. My major problem is that I don't think he did enough. Bobbys Kitten is a Sadler's Wells sire line but I am not sure there is much Sadler's in him. A really bonny horse who won at 2yo and has got 2yo winners. Same thing though did he really do that much. The Breeders Cup Turf Sprint is a big race but not always the most competitive. It has been won by some strange horses. Its an odd track at the dog end of the season and I discount the form hugely. Without that on his cv did he do enough. He has done OK so far, maybe that's as good as its going to get. Reply
  • English Gent»Sun Aug 07, 2022 21:32 pm
    They are nice stallions but the track record of the stud they are standing at is hardly good enough for them to be successful. Reply
Jump to: