FAQFAQ      RegisterRegisterLog inLog in

BREEDING FORUM >> Mawj (more)
Reference Point

Posted: Sun Jun 12, 2022 17:53 pm

In the Albany with a great chance. Interestingly her 2nd dam Epitome, had a nice 2yo winner by Kingman at Doncaster today. She is 23 and I think she has had 16 foals to date. Now that's the sort of mare we all need. Reply
  • TOPOFTHEHILL»Sun Jun 19, 2022 13:02 pm
    Well RP the form for Mawj doesn't look so good now but you were right in a way to highlight the Newmarket performance. I suggest it was one of those runs down the stand rails that always make a horse look a bit better than it really is. A lot of the time there is a strip of ground there that is a lot quicker than the rest of the track. You can feel it if you walk the track. Reply
  • Reference Point»Sun Jun 19, 2022 14:24 pm
    I think you are being a little harsh there TOTH. She beat all the British runners and although I don't think she improved much from the HQ run she didn't go backwards. We didn't really expect her to improve much due to her physique. She put a couple of lengths between herself and one or two fillies with some good form. Dramatised probably put better figures up than her but a few pound at most. I'm not sure what good form looks like if her run didn't represent it. Reply
  • TOPOFTHEHILL»Mon Jun 20, 2022 10:04 am
    Possibly a bit harsh but I was pretty disappointed by Ascot generally and I didn't think it was a great renewal. I have no idea what the track were doing to manipulate the going low numbers one day high numbers the next, but it should be stopped. The whole week was in fact a charade with very little to shout about (the excellent race management of Ryan Moore excepted). And what was all the fuss about Home Affairs. I didn't like him one bit and that was before he ran. And before we get the 3 y/o against 4 y/o arguments again. I hope they don't want to stand him up here. Reply
Jump to: