FAQFAQ      RegisterRegisterLog inLog in

BREEDING FORUM >> Am I blocked by the Betfair Forum?
amadán

Posted: Thu Nov 18, 2021 18:50 pm

I know this is not a Breeding Forum topic. .... I transferred Euro 200 from my online bank to Betfair on 2nd October and despite attempts almost every day since Betfair have not put my money in my Betfair account nor have they returned my money to me. I posted about this on the Betfair forum, Ante Post, 2021 Prix de l'Arc thread. From this afternoon at about 16:00 I have no access to the Betfair forum. I asked Betfair webchat was I blocked. They said no, clear your browsing history. I did that. Still no access. Can anyone have a look and see if they can open the Betfair forum. Thanks in advance. Reply
  • Villicious»Thu Nov 18, 2021 19:45 pm
    Error 526 labelled as ‘Host Error’ Amadan. You are not alone! Reply
  • amadán»Thu Nov 18, 2021 20:25 pm
    Thanks very much for the reply. Reply
  • Gone West»Thu Nov 18, 2021 23:28 pm
    Interesting. I opened an account with PaddyPower. I lodge €100 and then later had a €10 bet (which lost of course!). Then about a month later PP emailed me for proof of my identity [ photo and daterof birth etc..) I said NO - I said you took my money without asking for identity and date of birth. They then 'froze' my in-credit account. I told them to close the account and return my balance. They refused. And that is still the position. They hold my money, they refuse to take a bet. They refuse to return my credit. Reply
  • amadán»Fri Nov 19, 2021 11:14 am
    They are a very strange outfit, no rules of law or decency apply. I called to their head office in Clonskeagh to get my personal info as allowed by legislation. They held nothing of a personal nature except my name and address, hard to believe about a customer who bet by telephone and online with them for years. Their transaction data was wrong. It missed three cheque payments to me totalling 9k. When I was there two people from customer services sat me down and subjected me to a fifteen minute grilling, presumably to extract information. Then I was abused on the Betfair forum by a poster who said I harassed the "girls in reception". I had not. I waited until they were free and politely submitted my information request and fee cheque. How he knew Paddy Power had "girls in reception" was interesting. They did indeed have two women receptionists. He was very familiar with Paddy Power head office. ..................................... Paddy Power would not give me the information when I called there, but insisted on e-mailing it to me. When I opened their e-mail the PC screen flashed a bit. A few days later I looked for and found snooping software called isnare on my PC, dated the day I opened the Paddy Power e-mail. What a coincidence! That snooping software allows them see all the activity on your PC (for anti money laundering protection of course - a very, very, very lame cover excuse for their snooping). Are Paddy Power feeling the pain of cutting off of credit card and debit card betting, and moves to stop advertising during sporting events? ................................... One thing I know. Their reputation is in a very deep hole and Paddy Power are digging it deeper. Reply
  • Mill Reef»Fri Nov 19, 2021 21:49 pm
    My goodness... that is shocking, absolutely shocking. What on earth is going on in the world these days. Reply
  • amadán»Sat Nov 20, 2021 13:26 pm
    An Irish customer sent Euro 110,000 by bank transfer to Betfair in November 2020 to bet on the US Presidential election. The money did not appear in his Betfair account and for 10 weeks Betfair refused to acknowledge its receipt or its existence. The Guardian newspaper published the story and in a few hours Betfair returned the money. A Betfair representative apologised for the “inconvenience brought about by the delay”. Reply
  • TOPOFTHEHILL»Mon Nov 22, 2021 15:22 pm
    Its astonishing GW. There is a massive exercise in collecting data under the guise of Covid regulations. If you travel you have to book a 2 day test when you return. You have to have the reference number of the test that will have cost you 100 euro PCN or 20 euro Lateral flow to complete the Personal Locator Form for when you arrive back in the UK. No one ever asks to see the Personal locator form at the border. When you do your test you have to fill in another form and its all the same data that you have submitted when you leave and before you return and even when you order your test. I did this today so it is crystal clear in my memory. I have just got back from Italy. Before you can submit the test result (a photo of your passport, a special test identity and the actual lateral flow test which you have to upload) there is a question, Do you agree to share your data with (name of company) and Health England. The Option is 'I agree' no option to say no I don't want to share my data with you or anyone. This is a required field so if you dont agree you cannot submit the form. Which you are obliged to do by law. We know the testers are selling this data. Its an outrage. As for Paddy Power downloading spyware I have heard that before it should be a criminal offence, they need to be sanctioned. I hope you get your money back soon GW. Reply
Jump to: