FAQFAQ      RegisterRegisterLog inLog in

BREEDING FORUM >> Adlerflug
Against The Grain

Posted: Mon Oct 04, 2021 20:44 pm

Torquator Tasso wining a really good Arc yesterday, following a year on from In Swoop's second to Sottsass seems to indicate that he is a big loss to thoroughbred breeding, and an absolutely massive loss to the German industry. Reply
  • Against The Grain»Mon Oct 04, 2021 20:56 pm
    He has a few sons at Stud, the three time German group one winner Ito is standing in Germany for what looks like a bargain €3k, his full brother In Swoop is gone to Coolmore's NH division....might he get a few flat mares I wonder. Another group one winning son of his Iquitos stood in Germany in 2019 & 2020 but I dont see any stud fee listed for 2021. Reply
  • barney»Tue Oct 05, 2021 8:20 am
    Anything interesting about his breeding? Reply
  • MYOPI»Tue Oct 05, 2021 8:41 am
    Barney ADLERFLUG is 3x4 Northern Dancer and 4x4 Mill Reef. He was only 17 when he died earlier this year from a heart attack after covering a mare. Reply
  • Serendipity»Tue Oct 05, 2021 13:02 pm
    No doubt the deep analysts will give a fuller answer but I note the second dam is half-sister to Allegretta, dam of Urban Sea and Torquator Tasso's fourth dam is Allegretta. Who knows if that is important or not? I am however basking in the financial sun of having backed him for the Arc since foreign runners are hopelessly under-rated. Reply
  • amadán»Tue Oct 05, 2021 14:32 pm
    Torquator tasso is 3x4 full sibling sisters Alya and Allegretta (dam of Arc winner Urban Sea). ................... If you want a laugh look at my posts on the Betfair forum Antepost Prix de l'Arc de Triomphe thread where I talk about trying to bet Euro 200 at 110s on Torquator Tasso in the Arc but KBC Bank blocked that debit card payment to Betfair. On Monday KBC told me they block all gambling transactions. I tried to pay Betfair Euro 200 from my KBC Bank online account on Saturday (after the card block) but it has still not arrived at Betfair. ......................... About two weeks ago KBC Bank blocked my debit card payment of GBP 68 to the BHA British Horseracing Authority (annual renewal of jockey colours). I had to drive to KBC Bank, Stillorgan, Dublin (round trip 309 kms) and fill out a paper form to get the GBP 68 paid or I would lose the vintage colours (they cost me GBP 3,000). Reply
  • Martin X»Tue Oct 05, 2021 16:44 pm
    It's all gone crazy (since Brexit?) I have a small sterling cheque (Under £100) and tried to lodge it in my Post Office saving account. No way. They told me they dont accept sterling cheques. Then I went to the Credit Union and they said the same. Reply
  • Irish Paddy»Tue Oct 05, 2021 16:55 pm
    In my opinion I think TORQUATOR TASSO has a smashing pedigree. Loaded with class. He now has the top performance class to go with it. Also, on TV he looks a really nice model. Question is, will the big boys go for him? These days, I just don't see a stallion making it at the top unless he is under the wing of one of the few big boys. Reply
  • Serendipity»Tue Oct 05, 2021 17:56 pm
    I do believe that he is owned by a German Stud and will stand there at the end of his racing career. It will ensure proper support there anyway. The fate of In Swoop rather illustrates our depressing attitude to sires with stamina in these isles. Reply
  • Against The Grain»Fri Oct 08, 2021 13:35 pm
    I see In Swoop has been located to The Beeches which all but guarantees that he won't get any flat mare, same as Crystal, if the had been placed at Castle Hyde they would surely, Crystal Ocean in particular, have got a few flatbred mares. Reply
  • Squid»Fri Oct 08, 2021 14:37 pm
    In Swoop - A middle-distance performer with masses of N.D {4x5x5x5}. what sort of FLATBRED mare would you send him to produce a FLAT runner? A waste of time and money in my opinion! Reply
Jump to: