FAQFAQ      RegisterRegisterLog inLog in

RACING FORUM >> Enquiries at Royal Ascot.
Irish Paddy

Posted: Fri Jun 18, 2021 22:17 pm

I am somewhat bewildered by the Stewards Enquiries at Royal Ascot this year. Yesterday MOHAAFETH severely interfered with ROMAN EMPIRE whose jock had to take severe action and finished 1.3/4 length second. No change in result - but, winning jockey suspended for 6 days. Then today, DRAGON SYMBOL severely interfered with CAMPANELLE who was second beaten a head and the result was reversed placing the second finisher first. The interfered with second finisher never had to stop riding but both runners moved across the track by intimidation of the first finisher. The winning/reversed to second jockey suspended for 4 days. I agree with todays decision but not with yesterdays where I cannot understand why the placings were not reversed. Yesterday, ROMAN EMPEROR was almost pushed onto the rails and the jockey had to take fairly desperate action and in my opinion easily lost a couple (if not more) lengths and the race was over before he could get back. Why am I wrong thinking MOHAAFETH and ROMAN EMPEROR placings should have been reversed? Reply
Jump to: