FAQFAQ      RegisterRegisterLog inLog in

BREEDING FORUM >> Ky Derby winner MEDINA SPIRIT
Irish Paddy

Posted: Tue May 04, 2021 11:35 am

The breeding and success of Ky Derby winner MEDINA SPIRIT must give great hope to the smaller breeder. His sire PROTONICO stands at $5k and I think MEDINA SPIRIT fetched only $1k as a yearling then changed hands as a 2yo for something around $35k. His win in the Ky Derby was a game performance. His earning to date are $2,175,200. Reply
  • Reference Point»Tue May 04, 2021 11:57 am
    IP, there is a lot of opportunity at the moment for the small breeder. There are plenty of decent value stallions around that can get good horses. I think you just need to keep trying different things. I think Dawn Approach is even less than 5k (although I don't know where he is). Reply
  • Martin X»Tue May 04, 2021 17:39 pm
    DAWN APPROACH is under Jim Bolgers care and standing at Spring Field Farm Stud in Oylegate, Co Wexford - as far as I know, he is not advertised but I understand the fee being mentioned was €7.5k. Reply
  • Bono 2U»Tue May 04, 2021 17:44 pm
    M.SPIRIT is 5x4 ROBERTO and he has a 5x5x5 MR PROSPECTOR. His sire PROTONICO won just short of a million dollars and is by GIANTS CAUSEWAY ex dam by A.P.INDY. Reply
  • TOPOFTHEHILL»Wed May 05, 2021 10:28 am
    There are many stallions in the USA in that 5 to 10k bracket they offer great value and of course because the USA is so big there is a much more local element in the breeding of racehorses. Reply
  • amadán»Sun May 09, 2021 16:43 pm
    has failed a drugs yest and may lose the race. Shocked Reply
Jump to: