FAQFAQ      RegisterRegisterLog inLog in

BREEDING FORUM >> Blushing Groom
Reference Point

Posted: Fri Feb 26, 2021 15:11 pm

Can someone tell me if he is a positive or negative duplicated in a pedigree. Looking at a 3x4 duplication. Reply
  • TOPOFTHEHILL»Sat Feb 27, 2021 7:11 am
    Its pretty average RP there have been 18 stakes winners 3 x 4 Blushing Groom but only 1 G1 winner and 1 G2 winner (Silver Grecian, remember him?) just over 1% G1 winners to runners and about 9% Stakes winners to runners is respectable. Reply
  • Reference Point»Sat Feb 27, 2021 11:56 am
    Thanks TOTH. I don't think I am aiming for G1 just yet. It looks ok to me for my modest mare. Reply
  • Oreally»Sun Feb 28, 2021 17:59 pm
    Go for it. I wouldn't think it has been around very much so any negative results would be inconclusive. As a matter of interest - is the duplication through daughters of B.G. ? Reply
  • Reference Point»Sun Feb 28, 2021 18:27 pm
    I was looking at Haafhd Oreally so through Al Bahathri and Mt Livermore in the dam. Reply
  • TOPOFTHEHILL»Tue Mar 02, 2021 10:13 am
    Are you sure RP. I am not denying that he was (if slightly enigmatic) a very good racehorse, he has been a hugely underwhelming stallion. I think a lot of it has to do with Height of Fashion and those old Royal lines running back to Aloe. They are tricky! I have never done the analysis or even looked hard at the pedigree but I have a suspicion he may be like Nayef and need Alcantara in his dam somewhere and if possible in multiples, and even then you may never get anything better than a modest runner. Reply
  • Reference Point»Tue Mar 02, 2021 10:35 am
    No I'm not and probably won't. Reply
  • amadán»Wed Mar 03, 2021 12:48 pm
    Hopefully the duplication produced a son and daughter. I notice Blushing Groom has Eclair (Eternach - Black Ray) as 4th dam, and Mill Reef has her full sister Infra Red (Eternach - Black Ray) as 4th dam. The dam of Goldikova (by Blushing Groom), Born Gold, has Eclair on the dam line of her sire Blushing Groom, and has Infra Red on her own dam line. If the planned pedigree also has Mill Reef I think that would be an extra. The 2000 Guineas winner Wollow has Infra Red on his dam line, 3rd dam. The Australian 1984/85 horse of the year and sire, Red Anchor (NZ), also has Infra Red as 4th dam. Reply
  • TOPOFTHEHILL»Wed Mar 03, 2021 16:11 pm
    Thanks Amadan she certainly has a dynasty also through Red Briar such as Finsceal Beo Reply
  • amadán»Wed Mar 03, 2021 19:05 pm
    Thanks for mentioning Finsceal Beo descending from Infra Red - that is new to me. Too many coincidences, I think, for that dam line not to be the source of the quality. Reply
Jump to: