FAQFAQ      RegisterRegisterLog inLog in

BREEDING FORUM >> Twilight Son
Reference Point

Posted: Fri Oct 30, 2020 9:40 am

has he done any good? Reply
  • TOPOFTHEHILL»Fri Oct 30, 2020 12:01 pm
    Just about RP he has had about 15 winners 2 at Stakes level the best I think was a G3. He is a nice type of horse bit old fashioned but quite a good looker. If I am being hard on him maybe he lacks a bit of scope. I looked at a few yearlings this year and they were OK just didn't quite match up to what we were looking for. They sell well enough if they are in the right sale. I wouldn't know what he wanted in pedigree terms his own pedigree is a bit 'unusual'. Reply
  • Bono 2U»Sat Oct 31, 2020 11:14 am
    I think he's a tough sell. Reply
  • TOPOFTHEHILL»Sun Nov 01, 2020 17:20 pm
    I think you are right Bono. Reply
  • Reference Point»Sun Nov 01, 2020 18:35 pm
    I am more interested in getting a decent runner than selling. These days its expensive to try and get both. Reply
  • TOPOFTHEHILL»Mon Nov 02, 2020 8:26 am
    I understand that RP so that is why IMO you need to use a stallion that is well understood and proven. Twilight Son's pedigree is a complete mystery to me , although I have never sat down and got really into working him out. That type of stallion is always a bit more of a punt. Reply
  • Reference Point»Mon Nov 02, 2020 9:18 am
    Thanks TOTH. I had a quick nosey at his offspring and noticed that a few of his better ones were by mares sired by Danzig line stallions. Thats what got me interested a little. I though t his first season wasn't a bad one and thought he may get into my price range for a maiden mare I have. It's early days but to find proven stallions that (may) suit a maiden mare in my price range isn't easy. Reply
  • Reference Point»Wed Nov 11, 2020 9:31 am
    Down to £6k now. Probably gettable for a bit less. I will stick my neck out and say he is a bit of value. They are not shunned at the sales and providing you sre not expecting to make fortunes I can see you getting a nice colt foal away at a profit from him. Reply
  • Little Man»Wed Nov 11, 2020 11:44 am
    3k for a colt and 1k for a filly would be my limit and even at that I would have worries about making any profit from an ordinary mare. Reply
  • Reference Point»Wed Nov 11, 2020 12:44 pm
    Actually its 5k LM not 6k. I don't disagree with your values LM. If you have a mare and she isn't worth spending much more on its really about options, not many choices about. Even the commercial ones have a finite demand and if you spend too much on your mare and there are 10 better than yours at the sale you get cooked. Making profit from an ordinary mare is usually a little optimistic for me so i don't try. Reply
Jump to: