FAQFAQ      RegisterRegisterLog inLog in

RACING FORUM >> BRITISH RACING AGREES ON RECOVERY PLAN
Reference Point

Posted: Wed Aug 26, 2020 7:56 am

It can be found here on todays TDN:

https://www.thoroughbreddailynews.com/pdf/tdn/tdn200826e.pdf

That looks like a wish list to me not a plan. Maybe it is? My plan is to win the Arc with my 0-60 sprinter.
  • Janet»Wed Aug 26, 2020 12:29 pm
    I'll have to find the list somewhere else - I got bogged down in ads for Wootton Bassett (my take away is that he was cheap and is about to become expensive). Reply
  • Red Light»Wed Aug 26, 2020 13:54 pm
    I know there is another thread on W.B. but what do you think his 2021 fee will be? I guess is €75K Reply
  • Little Man»Wed Aug 26, 2020 14:38 pm
    Looks more like a silly wish list than a plan! Reply
  • Janet»Wed Aug 26, 2020 19:35 pm
    Went to BHA site - a bit underwhelmed by the plan, and had to double check that I was looking at the right thing. Points #8,9 are meaningless waffle, and #1-7 should be happening anyway? I did, however, score a full house at bulls**t bingo. Reply
  • Reference Point»Thu Aug 27, 2020 8:17 am
    Hi Janet, yes it is such meaningless twaddle. Reply
  • amadán»Thu Aug 27, 2020 12:19 pm
    That is a great plan. What is is missing is data on where we are in 2020 (or were in 2019), the numbers that will be achieved in 2021, and who is responsible for each target. ..... It reminds me of when I was given a task with a plan to finish in six weeks. When I started the work and asked questions I was transferred on day two. My replacement took five months on the work and the top brass said it was completed on budget and within time. The BHA have a cushy number, no plan, no target, no fallout. Next year they will be giving themselves a pat on the back for a job well done. Reply
  • English Gent»Thu Aug 27, 2020 15:39 pm
    Representatives of the British Horseracing Authority, horsemen and racecourses have agreed on a plan for the next stages of the industry=s recovery plan from COVID-19. The recovery plan lists nine industry goals, which are as follows: $ To secure a full resumption of race-day activity, with the best possible ownership and spectator experience, and the maximum attendance possible; $ To maintain the health and safety of participants, staff and all those attending raceday meetings by continuing the safe return of racing and adherence to strict controls on social distancing; $ To put in place a fixture list and race programme for 2021 that balances increasing revenues with the well being of participants and staff and takes account of the horse population; $ To reduce the industry=s cost-base and be agile where new opportunities to increase revenue can be seized and mitigate the impact of recession, including the pursuit of immediate Levy reform; $ To seek to maximise prize money for 2021 balanced against the financial constraints of stakeholders and the sport=s projected revenues, through new commercial agreements between racecourses and horsemen; $ To agree a spending plan for central funds that best supports racing=s recovery; $ To retain key investors, including existing owners, and reform rules for syndicates and clubs to protect members and increase their appeal to potential owners; $ To present a safe, high-quality and consistent offer to race-day and betting customers based on a thorough understanding of their changing needs and behaviours due to COVID; $ To put in place foundations for a longer-term sustainable recovery for British racing. Reply
Jump to: