FAQFAQ      RegisterRegisterLog inLog in

BREEDING FORUM >> Starspangledbanner
amadán

Posted: Wed Mar 20, 2024 19:45 pm

It is a bit late to to announce Starspangledbanner as an up-and-coming sire as his fee is 45k, rising from 10k in 2012.
This afternoon Laurent Barbarin, Sky TV racing, mentioned that Puchkine (Starspangledbanner - Vadyska) was running in the next race, had won his first three starts, and might be a good one in the future. The horse won by 3.5 lengths.

I have already sent an e-mail to a person I correspond with in Australia about pedigrees pointing out interesting features in Puchkine's pedigree.

Of course in the e-mail I ranted about full siblings in pedigrees so her goes.

SIND (M); STAFARALLA (F)
Puchkine's has the full siblings Sind (once) and Stafaralla (four times) in the pedigree.
In Starspaangledbanner (m) Sind (m) is in Wilkes and Stafaralla (f) is in Zamazaan on the dam line.
Stafaralla is in the 3rd dam Patrimony (f) of Puchkine (m) twice coming through Mixed Marriage (f).

ADULA (F); MIRANDA (F); PRETTY POLLY (F)
Another powerful influence in Starspangledbanner (m) must be Foxbridge (m) and Cresta Run (f) near his dam line, both out of the mare Bridgemount (f) whose 2nd dam is Adula (f) (Gallinule - Admiration).
Adula (f) is a full sibling sister of Miranda (f) (Gallinule - Admiration) on the dam line of Sind (m) and Stafarallla(f).
And their third full sibling sister is Pretty Polly (f) (Gallinule - Admiration) who is on the dam line of Nearctic, sire of Northern Dancer.
Starspangfledbanner (m) sire of Puchkine (m) only has Northern Dancer (m) once!!!
I checked 12 generations and that amazing fact is true.
Vadyska, dam of Puchkine, had Northern Dancer four times.
My guess is those three full sibling sisters are matching.
In 12 generations in Puchskin (m): Adula (f) x 3; Miranda (f) x 3; Pretty Polly (f) x 6
In 12 generation in Starspangledbanner (m): Adula (f) x 2; Miranda (f) x 3; Pretty Polly (f) x 1
This is probably why Starspangledbanner is such a good sire. He has almost no Northern dancer but he has the ingrediants that match with Northern Dancer (m). He has the full sibling sisters Adula (f) and Miranda (f) in quantity. All the mares in the thoroughbred population have Northern Dancer duplicated many times (his pedigree containing the other full sister Pretty Polly (f)).

LORETTE (F); ERYHOLME (F)
Many of the dam lines in Puchkine trace to these two who are closely related. I won't explain.
Jump to: