FAQFAQ      RegisterRegisterLog inLog in

RACING FORUM >> The Derby Stakes
amadán

Posted: Thu Jun 01, 2023 10:46 am

Perhaps the only thing I will get right about the race is the name. ................... My guess at the result: (1) White Birch: Skipped Leopardstown trial to get travel and crowd experience at York. Only 16 days since York. (2) Military Order: Full sibling to Adayar. His pedigree and form as good as any in the race. (3) Dubai Mile: Good form and a 28 day break since the Guineas. (4) The Foxes: Two Group 2 wins. 8f as a 2yo and 10f as a 3yo makes him a contender. Worry is only 16 days since Dante. (5) Waipiro: 2nd to Military Order on last run so must be competitive. (6) Auguste Rodin: A January foal which probably helped him as a 2yo. If he wins the trainer should be called in to explain his Guineas run, where to my eyes he was not pushed. (7) Arrest: Yet to show speed on firm ground. 40th slowest Chester Vase win out of 41 races. (Cool Adelaide River: Placed in four Group races, all soft ground (9) Artistic Star: Two wins from two at low level. Difficult to assess. (10) Passenger: Only two runs, the Dante run looked promising but was it? Looked like he didn't have the pace to win. (11) Sprewell: Sire max winning distance 8f, dam 10f (once) on firm in Canada (and 4 x 7f). 12f on fast ground a worry. (12) San Antonio: Modest form, mostly on slow ground. (13) Dear My Friend: Twice beaten at 10f. Doubtful stayer. (14) King Of Steel: Last run 224 days ago. Dam a moderate stayer. Probably outclassed. ..................................... About the only thing certain is the word "good" will be in the going description. The three fastest Derbys were called "good/firm". and the 4th fastest "good". The record time by Workforce "good/firm" was 3.87s fast. ...................... It has been dry at Epsom since 12th May and will continue dry. I know they water, but it will be firm ground, or what a jockey at the Irish 2000 Guineas called "good summer ground" i.e. a bit like the main runway at Heathrow. Reply
Jump to: