FAQFAQ      RegisterRegisterLog inLog in

RACING FORUM >> Dont trainers just drive you mad!
TOPOFTHEHILL

Posted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 8:02 am

If you didn't see it happen before your eyes you wouldn't beleive it. Any trainer that scratched from the KIng George tomorrow has probably thrown about 20K of their owners money down the drain. In addition to the entries they would be guaranteed prize money thay would make even Singapore look Dickensian. And I know it almost a sin to criticize Aiden on this forum but to put his son on St N Abbey is the most crazy decision. There are a shedful of jockeys experienced jockeys, jockeys who have won big races at Ascot sitting in the Weighing Room and he is putting his son up. This is likely to be a very tactical race, can't really be anything else and it could be won by a smart jockey. If it stays wet they will have to choose whether to run down the outside under the trees (ala Willy Carson). Its just crazy!!!!! Reply
  • Valerie»Fri Jul 22, 2011 8:30 am
    Unbelievable. My first reaction was to check it was not April 1st. Reply
  • Squid»Fri Jul 22, 2011 8:40 am
    No offence meant to Joseph but I think his father is taking the mickey. If he finishes second to WORKFORCE they have the excuse that if he had a top class jockey he would have won! However, it does answer one interesting question. Why did Johnny Murtagh resign from Ballydoyle? We know now the answer for sure. Reply
  • Eclipse»Fri Jul 22, 2011 8:57 am
    Tomorow's five runners will earn as follows: Penalty value 1st ?603,961.50 2nd ?228,975.00 3rd ?114,594.00 4th ?57,084.00 5th ?28,648.50 Reply
  • Enzed»Sat Jul 23, 2011 3:07 am
    so, as predicted the other day, it's just going to be a "day outing", NO OPPOSITION and pass Go and collect 604,000 smackers........... I'm going to say it ONCE more - are these Coolmore wooftas a bit shy in the head and/or is the Master Employee just plain stupid........... Irish Medical Dictionary The Irish have the lowest stress rate because they do not take medical terminology seriously You are going to die anyway, so live life Medical Term Irish Definition Artery - The study of paintings Bacteria - Back door to cafeteria Barium - What doctors do when patients die Benign - What you be, after you be eight Caesarean Section - A neighbourhood in Rome Cat scan - Searching for Kitty Cauterize - Made eye contact with her Colic - A sheep dog Coma - A punctuation mark Dilate - To live long Enema - Not a friend Fester - Quicker than someone else Fibula - A small lie Impotent - Distinguished, well known Labour Pain - Getting hurt at work Medical Staff - A Doctor's cane Morbid - A higher offer Nitrates - Rates of Pay for Working at Night, Normally more money than Days Node - I knew it Outpatient - A person who has fainted Pelvis - Second cousin to Elvis Post Operative - A letter carrier Recovery Room - Place to do upholstery Rectum - Nearly killed him Secretion - Hiding something Seizure - Roman Emperor Tablet - A small table Terminal Illness - Getting sick at the airport Tumour - One plus one more Urine - Opposite of you're out Reply
  • Enzed»Sat Jul 23, 2011 3:13 am
    In other words, WHERE'S Bloody SO YOU THINK? ............ 603,000 pounds first prize and the 5 horse field is basically bereft of class (Workforce excepted )........... an easy run? stupid, stupid, stupid little Irish bloody plonker - very very overrated little wee man !! Rolling Eyes Twisted Evil Reply
  • TOPOFTHEHILL»Sat Jul 23, 2011 3:49 am
    Thanks for the humor NZ but I think by far the worse is Henry Cecil. He will want to run her in the Nassau next week OK but she will have to do a serious piece of work probably today on the Limekilns although it is probably too wet so on the Al Bahathri. No Prizes for that. All he had to do was take her to ascot let her follow the field and pick up 30K if the pacemaker for Rewilding drops right out kick her in the belly nip past on the run in for another 30K she will be spot on for Goodwood. Nothing she can do will ever effect her padock value and she will never be sold anyway nor is it likely her stock will be sold. Reply
  • Platypus»Sat Jul 23, 2011 4:22 am
    You mean - Cecil should have used the racecourse - the Royal racecourse - as a training ground? Reply
  • TOPOFTHEHILL»Sat Jul 23, 2011 13:20 pm
    Is it any difference to running Debussy as a PACEMAKER to quote S Chisford in a pre parade paddock interview. AS it transpired she only had to beat the pacemaker to pick up nearly 80K Reply
  • Irish Paddy»Sat Jul 23, 2011 4:51 am
    The race, in terms of numbers of runners, is a major disappointment but I don't think we should dismiss ST NICHOLAS ABBEY'S ability to win the race. At least Joseph O'Brien will be very familiar with the colt who has a quirky way of running (in my opinion). Also. we must remember what happened last year when WORKFORCE ran 'dead to the world' and the excuse put forward was his inability to act on the track! What has changed ? Then ofcourse there is the Gr 1 unknown NATHANIEL and the in-form REWILDING to keep them all up to their best. I am prepared to wait and see before passing judgement on the participants but I do join in castigating absent trainers from taking part - shocking really that there is no runner from France. Reply
  • Bono 2U»Sat Jul 23, 2011 17:19 pm
    I don't know what to make of that race today. Would WORKFORCE have won had he kept a straight line? It doesn't really matter if he did because I thought it was a very muddling sort of race. What the pacemaker for Godolphin was doing in the first three furlongs I simply don't know. NATHANIEL is a welcome 'new kid on the block' but he may have been a shade lucky today. Reply
  • Squid»Sat Jul 23, 2011 18:15 pm
    Another nice Gr 1 winner for sire GALILEO. What a great stallion. Reply
  • TOPOFTHEHILL»Sun Jul 24, 2011 4:31 am
    The Godolphin pacemaker did what he was instructed to do and make it into a 10 furlong race which would not suit Workforce. Why? well if Rewilding could beat SYT over 10 furlongs and SYT beat Workforce over 10 furlongs his best bet would be to 'race' over 10 furlongs. Now this is where using an inexperienced rider on ST Nicks was wrong. A more experienced jock would have taken the race on from the start This is a race and a track where you can win from the front. Now apart from that I don't think the youg lad did anything wrong but this horse needs 12 furlongs and may be better over even further. Same with orkforce who really needs 12 furlongs off a strong pace. Sir M Stoutes horses are still clearly not right. He has disappointing runners all over the place yesterday. I did not think that Rewilding looked bigger in the paddock, in fact he looked overdone to me but in motor racing when you use a bigger engine you generally uprate the suspension! Reply
  • Justamoment»Sun Jul 24, 2011 6:28 am
    That's a good point. ST NICHOLAS ABBEY should have gone off and made it a real test of 12 furlongs. And Joseph is well able to do that as he has plenty of experience going off in front. You might also be right about the Stoute stable being off-peak but I don't give that excuse to WORKFORCE. He has - to my mind - two ways of running and we saw the sulky sort of performance yesterday. On the race that was run, WORKFORCE should have won. Reply
Jump to: