FAQFAQ      RegisterRegisterLog inLog in

RACING FORUM >> My take on the Epsom Derby
yorkshirepudding

Posted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 21:37 pm

Tommorrow is the Derby, one and a half miles over Epsoms roller coaster like track.
This race requires speed, stamina, class and allot of abilty quicken while retaining balance on a demanding track.

Heres my thoughts on the field. National pride is at stake for Britain, Ireland, Turkey & Dubai.

I shall spin through them.
1: CARLTON HOUSE, the nation expects a royal derby winner, I hope he is the one. MY CHOICE
2:CASTLEMORISS KING, a rank outsider, one mans ego being allowed to be shown in equine form on the turf at Epsom.
3:MARHABA MAYLOON, winner of a bath maiden, trounced in group company, another ego in equine form horse.
4:MASKED MARVEL, sounds like a super hero but his form suggests he is not superman.
5:MEMPHIS TENNESSE, useful but I dont think he will be scored number one of Epsoms top one hundred when the post looms.
6: NATICE KHAN, good horse but found wanting in group one races in the past, I have doubts on him getting the trip. Place chance.
7:OCEAN WAR, ran like he will get the trip and is on the upgrade. Place chances.
8:PISCO SOUR, got out in his place in the Dante stakes at York and I dont see him having a cat in hells chance of winning.
9:POUR MOI, trained in France by a aster of his trade, has the breeding and form, being a son of Montjeu his temprement may let him down.Place chance.
10: RECITAL, useful but crazy another mad son Montjeu, has the scroat king in the plate who was good before he became a pal of charlie. Not in the money. He will not hit the high notes needed to win.
11: SEVILLE, ran into a real don at York, I cannot see him turning around the form with Cartlon House.
12:TREASURE BEACH aarh their maybe gold in that their horses hooves captain Magneir. Place claims as he looks the dark horse among the Irish Gangsters runners.
13: VADAMAR, a like contender with the form in the book. Place claims.

In summary I am predicting a royal win with a placings for the the Aga Khan and godolphin runner, with an each way nibble on Treasure Beach at a big price.
Jump to: