FAQFAQ      RegisterRegisterLog inLog in

BREEDING FORUM >> Dargents mare and Acclamation
TOPOFTHEHILL

Posted: Mon Mar 30, 2020 12:12 pm

Dargent I have been looking at the pedigree for a while and I can see 'something' going on but not clearly enough to be able to express any more than a personal opinion. Acclamation and Bahamian Bounty might be working well because there is a significant build up in the background pedigree of Pilgrimage often through Gondolette. I don't know anything about your mares dam but inbreeding to Tudor Minstrel alone will ensure a good number of lines of Pilgrimage. This is often used as a 'reason' for Tudor Minstrels speed and is sort of confirmed when you see so many speedy types with a combination of Tudor Minstrel, Abernant and Forli. Acclamation has many lines sometimes coming through unusual ancestors. The really good news is that Zoustar is very much the same with lots of lines too. Now what in my opinion is significant is not simply the fact that these ancestors are present, because they are a long way back in the pedigree. But both Pilgrimage and Gondolette were exceptional racemares Pilgrimage in particular won The Dewhurst and BOTH Guineas and was second in the Oaks. If your mares dam has a few lines too it would be the icing on the cake and you should be hopeful of a speedy colt or filly. Reply
Jump to: