FAQFAQ      RegisterRegisterLog inLog in

BREEDING FORUM >> An insight into pedigree analysis.
TOPOFTHEHILL

Posted: Tue Jan 07, 2020 11:24 am

It must be at least 6 weeks since I rambled on about Nijinsky, The Minstrel and Storm Bird so I am going to try to remedy that today. I have recently given up on Invincible Spirit as a broodmare sire and my advice to clients is to be prepared to move any on. That inevitably brings me to Kingman who by any measure has had a good start to his stud career but of course has sired quite a few fillies that were not very good and now enter the stud as mares. Can we expect them to be any better than Invincible Spirit? Why should we? Green Desert was not too good either so it looks like a continuation. Its very difficult to explain why he is so ineffective because he has produced so little that is any good as a broodmare yo cant see any data link which might explain things. So back to Kingman. Obviously no track record as a broodmare sire. So look at Invincible Spirit as a sire of a broodmare sire, not much there either, Green Desert as the sire of a sire of a broodmare sire same story. So I looked at Kingmans Stakes winners its only 2 crops so not that many but something instantly struck me. His best runner (Classic winner Persian King) was from a Storm Bird sire line Kingmans dam is by Zamindar who's dam is by The Minstrel. His second best runner Headman's 4th dam is by Ill de Bourbon x Nijinsky. His third best runner Calyx dam is by Nijinsky. Sangarious 3rd dam Hasili is by Kayasi x Ill de Bourbon x Nijinsky. Prestige stakes winner Boomer 2nd dam is by Royal Academy x Nijinsky. Listed winner Look Around's dam is inbred to Storm Bird. Another listed winner Summer Romance is out of a Statue of Liberty mare and he was by Storm Cat x Storm Bird. Can all that be coincidence. Well I suppose it could be. And all that was powered by the most significant analytical aid. Mc Vities Chocolate Digestive biscuit. Reply
Jump to: