FAQFAQ      RegisterRegisterLog inLog in

BREEDING FORUM >> Reflections
El Gran Senor

Posted: Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:00 am

I attended the Stallion Trail on Saturday but only visited Kildangan and Irish National Stud. When I was there, it was the biggest attendance I've seen at Kildangan, while at INS it was the lowest. Does this mean that we are going to have more foals bred this year? I hope not. Perhaps it was the free burgers at Kildangan that was the main attraction? Anyway, as in previous years I was impressed by French Navy who could be value at €4k or whatever he's trading at. However, the fact that he's a member of the "Club" really puts me off him as I foresee a lot of his cheap foals at the Sales over the next couple of years. I have 3 mares and haven't bred any for the past 3 seasons. I'm tentatively thinking of breeding one this year but only if I can get an attractive foal-share in place. I asked INS about a nomination to Dragon Pulse in mid-November and was told that they were sticking to €6k. I suspected that that may not be the case come breeding-time and sure enough he is now trading at €4.5k. That's still too dear IMHO but I wonder how other breeders are faring and what they are planning on doing this breeding season? Reply
Jump to: