FAQFAQ      RegisterRegisterLog inLog in

BREEDING FORUM >> Silver Sale
Reference Point

Posted: Sat Sep 01, 2018 18:26 pm

Was anybody at the Silver Sale? I have just been looking at the results and I think I would have liked to be a buyer at that sale. Obviously I don't know what they looked like but there seemed to be some good pedigrees on offer for the prices. Reply
  • Hi Ho Silver»Sun Sep 02, 2018 7:38 am
    Looking at the pedigree pages and looking at the results in incomplete. You must remember all those catalogued were most likely rejected for the Premier Sale! Reply
  • TOPOFTHEHILL»Sun Sep 02, 2018 9:21 am
    And most of them would have been rejected for a good reason. I didn't attend the sale but looked at a few and gave up after about 15 viewings they were nice pages but shocking physicals. Of course if you are serious about this market you have to see every lot and you will find a nice looker. It will probably have a dreadful page but if you want to race it or breeze it you may get lucky. I used to look at every horse but you very soon get to know where your budget is going to meet the sort of page you need. Horses with a good pedigree even if its a bit unfashionable that sell for peanuts have issues, its just a question of whether your trainer can work with those issues. Reply
  • Reference Point»Sun Sep 02, 2018 9:59 am
    Thanks TOTH, that pretty much confirms my view that there is more poor production than overproduction. If I was buying out of a sale like that I would be looking for a scopey one that has potential at 3 and just get it into training at the back end as a 2yo for a handicap mark Reply
  • Bono 2U»Sun Sep 02, 2018 16:30 pm
    RP can you explain more please - what do you mean by "poor production" ? Reply
  • Reference Point»Sun Sep 02, 2018 16:40 pm
    breeding poor horses. Reply
  • Valerie»Sun Sep 02, 2018 20:00 pm
    But if you have say ten useless horses running against themselves there will always be a winner. Great excitement for the owners etc. I don't have any problem with that! Reply
Jump to: