FAQFAQ      RegisterRegisterLog inLog in

BREEDING FORUM >> I Am Invincible fee soars
Torquil

Posted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 1:12 am

II Am Invincible will become the second most expensive stallion standing in Australia in 2018 after having his fee increased to $192,500 (inc. GST), Yarraman Park Stud has announced. I Am Invincible stood for a fee of $55,000 in 2015 and 2016 before jumping to $110,000 last year. The son of Invincible Spirit (IRE), who will stand alongside his sire son and Yarraman Park Stud newcomer Hellbent and Hinchinbrook (Fastnet Rock) this year, is second only to Arrowfield's incumbent Champion Australian Sire Snitzel (Redoute's Choice) who will command a fee of $220,000 in 2018. Fastnet Rock's (Danehill) fee remains private. "I think with what he has achieved on the track and in the sales ring he sits near the top of the tree and is just behind Snitzel, so we think he warrants that sort of service fee," Yarraman Park Stud's Arthur Mitchell said. "He had an outstanding book of mares last year led by Black Caviar and other Group One winners." Mitchell added: "He has had four Group-winning two-year-olds and that is not including Oohood who was placed in the three major two-year-old races, so with the better mares coming through there is no reason why he can't stay at the top." Demand for I Am Invincible's progeny has reached new heights this year with yearlings selling to a top of $2 million at an average of $441,901 from a service fee of $55,000 (inc GST). Hinchinbrook's fee will also rise to $55,000, while Gr1 winner Hellbent's introductory fee has been set at $27,500. Yarraman Park's Stud fees (inc. GST):
•I Am Invincible $192,500
•Hinchinbrook $55,000
•Hellbent $27,500
Jump to: