FAQFAQ      RegisterRegisterLog inLog in

RACING FORUM >> Cracksman thriving ahead of Ganay return
Torquil

Posted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:45 am

Star UK galloper Cracksman tuned up for his seasonal reappearance with a brilliant track gallop on the Rowley Mile at Newmarket on Tuesday, reports Racing Post. With Frankie Dettori in the saddle, the 4YO delighted owner Anthony Oppenheimer and trainer John Gosden ahead of his expected return in the Group 1 Prix Ganay at Longchamp on Sunday week (29 April). "Cracksman is like a different horse this year and worked beautifully," Oppenheimer said. "I've seen him only once before this spring and that was in the mist so this was a great sight. The plan is to go to the Ganay now. All options are open after that but I'd like him to go for the King George." Gosden commented: "He's like a 24 year-old this year rather than the 14-year-old of last," he said. "I was delighted with that. It will help him mentally as well as physically. He's had a healthy blow and I couldn't be more pleased." The prodigiously talented Cracksman became the first European Group 1 winner for his sire Frankel when posting a stunning 7 length win in the Champion Stakes (10 furlongs) on British Champions Day at Ascot in October. Moreover, the performance helped earn him the title of Champion European Racehorse for 2017. Cracksman (Frankel-Rhadegunda, by Pivotal) races in the same colours as Oppenheimer's former champion European racehorse and now Darley stallion Golden Horn. Reply
Jump to: