FAQFAQ      RegisterRegisterLog inLog in

RACING FORUM >> O'Brien to train Merchant Navy
Torquil

Posted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 4:21 am

Gr1-winning colt Merchant Navy will join the Ballydoyle stable of champion Irish trainer Aidan O'Brien in preparation for a tilt at Royal Ascot. The Gr1 Coolmore Stud Stakes (1200m) winner was last seen flashing home for third behind Redkirk Warrior in last weekend's Gr1 Newmarket Handicap (1200m) at Flemington. "I am very excited by Merchant Navy," O'Brien said. "I was very interested to see his run on Saturday and I thought he was unlucky not to win. I love that he can produce a long, sustained burst of speed and the Gr1 Golden Jubilee at Royal Ascot looks the perfect race for him." Reply
  • Shine On»Wed Mar 14, 2018 22:39 pm
    What age is MERCHANT NAVY ? Reply
  • Torquil»Wed Mar 21, 2018 1:02 am
    bay colt born 14 November 2014, by Fastnet Rock out of Legally Bay. Reply
  • Torquil»Wed Mar 28, 2018 23:41 pm
    Gr1-winning colt Merchant Navy flew out of Melbourne yesterday to join the Ballydoyle stable of champion Irish trainer Aidan O'Brien, reports racing.com. O'Brien will prepare the 3YO for a start in the Gr1 Diamond Jubilee Stakes at Royal Ascot on 23 June. "He flew out today and Ascot is the main target at this stage," Coolmore Australia's general manager Michael Kirwan said. "Obviously he has to travel and all the other things that go with it. The plan is for him to return to Australia to stand the next season in spring, but anything could change." A winner of the 2017 Gr1 Coolmore Stud Stakes (1200m), Merchant Navy was last seen flashing home for third behind Redkirk Warrior in the Gr1 Newmarket Handicap (1200m) at Flemington on 10 March. Reply
Jump to: