FAQFAQ      RegisterRegisterLog inLog in

BREEDING FORUM >> Tattersalls Dec. Yearling Sale
Hi Ho Silver

Posted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 21:27 pm

The one day sale today had an aggregate of uk4,271,500gns from 124 sold giving an average of uk34,448gns. Sounds good. I dont have the list of unsold lots but I did notice six lots fetched uk2kgns and under - in fact three fetched uk1000gns. The six were by the sires ORIENTOR, SAYIF, CASAMENTO, DREAM AHEAD, OLYMPIC GLORY and SRI PUTRA. I write this just to balance out all the headline reports we see about the wonderful sales! Reply
  • Little Man»Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:03 am
    The Tatts 4 day foal sale starts today - I wonder how many minimum bid sales there will be. The bottom of the market ir really on the floor. Reply
  • Nearco»Wed Nov 29, 2017 13:16 pm
    From a purchaser point of view the December yearling sales is a good sale in my opinion. Being the last of the yearling sales most of the vendors tend to set realistic reserve price to avoid the risk of sending the horse to the Breeze-up which can be a real lottery. I am not quite sure however how does it work on the vendors' side for this specific sale. I understand that many lots are those who missed Book 1 or Book 2 for any reason, what I don't know is if Tattersalls can reccommend / approve a given yearling for the December sale.... Reply
  • Valerie»Wed Nov 29, 2017 21:11 pm
    Yes I think Tattersalls do suggest December Sales the more suitable for yearlings perhaps immature and needing time. The balance being made up of yearlings that for one reason or the other missed the October Sales. Reply
Jump to: