FAQFAQ      RegisterRegisterLog inLog in

BREEDING FORUM >> ENABLE - a true Champion.
Bono 2U

Posted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 15:38 pm

Definitely the best 3yo year old we have seen this year - ENABLE. She ran a perfect copybook race and trounced the high class opposition. The granddaughter of GALILEO was followed home by his three sons ULYSSES, IDAHO and HIGHLAND REEL. Where in her breeding does she get her brilliance? Of course, I mean where possibly in her female side. Reply
  • TOPOFTHEHILL»Sat Jul 29, 2017 16:26 pm
    Its an old Juddmonte family maybe no real superstars to date but pretty smart acers and producers. Bourbon Girl was only just short of top class. She has a filly by Frankel this year?????? Reply
  • Villicious»Sat Jul 29, 2017 19:34 pm
    I was there and feel quite proud of myself as the 1st two were the best movers to post and the filly was my pick of the paddock. A filly with that sort of fantastic outlook and flow about her. Funnily enough I felt the same about Taghrooda when I saw her in the same paddock. Perhaps I should become a Bloodstock Agent - NOT! In a way I was reminded of a slightly more Montjeu type which is sort of irrelevant but perhaps she had a sort of Nathaniel thing with the other dose of Sadlers just strengthening her up a bit. WHAT bollox I spout! Feel free to throw up you all!! Reply
  • Oreally»Sun Jul 30, 2017 8:56 am
    Not at all - you are quite right. A top 3yo filly at the time of the year has the best chance with the weight advantage but yesterday, ENABLE would have still won with more weight on her back! Reply
  • TOPOFTHEHILL»Sun Jul 30, 2017 14:03 pm
    Well you know I tipped her too but she would only have won with a finite amount of weight not an unlimited weight. I am thinking she is possibly the best 3y/o filly but I couldn't say without question that her performance was any better than Wings of Eagles in the Derby and I really do not think the best 3y/o is here at all but in France. Reply
  • Reference Point»Mon Jul 31, 2017 18:28 pm
    and the going??? Reply
  • Megabucks»Mon Jul 31, 2017 18:47 pm
    She has won her other two Gr 1 races in good fast ground so winning on soft testing ground on Saturday is an extra feather in her cap. Okay, we are mid season but she is the 3yo they all have to beat - she heads the field IMO. Reply
  • TOPOFTHEHILL»Tue Aug 01, 2017 8:16 am
    I don't feel strongly about it Megabee but its very hard to compare individuals that have never run against each other. You have to take so much into consideration and you nearly always get it wrong. Enable is perfectly entitled to be considered among the very best, I just prefer Brametot for some reason to me a classic over a mile and another over 10.5 furlongs after a very good 2year old season seems a bit better than 2 oaks and a not particularly good King George &QE2. But that's just me. I also confess that he is unproven over 12 furlongs and you might not guarantee the same level at the extended distance I expect we will find out in The Arc. I remember going to see a King George a long time ago to watch Time Charter and Sadlers Wells who were my top horses at the time. I looked at the horses in the pre parade and backed Teenoso who hosed in. Now that was a real renewal you just can't say that this years race approached that in quality and depth. Reply
  • barney»Fri Aug 04, 2017 9:17 am
    ENABLE is great but she is now joined at the top by WINTER. If they were colts they would be worth a fortune! Reply
  • TOPOFTHEHILL»Fri Aug 04, 2017 10:34 am
    I believe it is arguable that Winter has the better form than Enable and although not impressive yesterday she won well on ground that she probably should never have run on. She is very tough and versatile. I would imagine these tow fillies will steer clear of each other now. A race over 10 furlongs would be the filly race of the season. Reply
Jump to: