FAQFAQ      RegisterRegisterLog inLog in

BREEDING FORUM >> Goffs change format of November Sales.
Gone West

Posted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 9:17 am

Goffs have changed the format for their November Breeding Stock Sales as follows:

Mon-220 foals (third best)
Tue-220 foals (second best)
Wed-220 foals (best)
Thur-270 Mares (best)
Fri-260 Mares (others)
Sat-270 foals (fourth best)
Sun-200+ foals (others)

Interesting changes and I think it will work fine.
Any opinions?
  • Martin X»Thu Jul 06, 2017 16:55 pm
    Apparently the first 660 foals for sale will all be on site on the first day. That has to be a good thing. Then when Day One of foals are gone through the ring I expect the Mares Day One will be on site. Reply
  • Little Man»Thu Jul 06, 2017 20:16 pm
    It sounds like an interesting change but I can never understand why the best Yearlings are sold first and the best Foals are sold last ! Reply
  • Mill Reef»Sat Jul 08, 2017 13:00 pm
    Good move by Goffs - they had to do something. An alternative would be to build about 500 more stables! Reply
  • amadán»Thu Aug 10, 2017 13:48 pm
    I'll probably be going to the Fri-260 Mares (others) to try and buy an inexpensive mare. Tattersalls and Goffs November breeding stock sales will be my first sales. I was at Goffs years ago for the Irish Open snooker (not playing :) ). For the last seven years I've driven down that motorway and passed Goffs four times a week. I think fewer lots a day gives more time to sell at a reasonable pace, and perhaps the auctioneers can showboat a bit more. Cool Reply
Jump to: