FAQFAQ      RegisterRegisterLog inLog in

RACING FORUM >> Discussion - are they right or wrong to race at Curragh?
Irish Paddy

Posted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 19:31 pm

What do you think? Opinions please. It is a current debate. Should the Derby have moved from The Curragh for the two years while facilities are under construction? Many racing enthusiasts have differing opinions. Personally, I went racing at The Curragh on Friday evening and again today -Sunday. I gave it a miss on Derby day. On Friday and again today I watched every race on the large TV screen at the track - it was a waste of time trying to watch it down the track. On the other hand, the pre-racing saddling ring and parade ring are the same as ever, no change there. I dont know how many Meetings will be held this year but why any are is beyond me. The debate is all about the integrity of ONE race - the Irish Derby. They have spent a lot, a lot of money providing the temporary facilities they have now. For me it's a disgrace. In my opinion the Derby should have been moved for two years to Leopardstown. 'They' say the 12 furlongs would face a bend too soon - yet 'they' have no problem sending truck loads of runners to Chester! With nine runners yesterday I would say Leopardstown would have been ideal. But that could be the REAL problem...... if fifty thousand racegoers turned up at the Dublin suburb of Leopardstown..... would the Irish Derby ever return to The Curragh?
Wink
Jump to: