FAQFAQ      RegisterRegisterLog inLog in

RACING FORUM >> Satono Aladdin wins Japan Gr1 Yasuda Kinen
Torquil

Posted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 0:27 am

At Tokyo Racecourse in Japan, multiple Champion Sire Deep Impact added yet another Gr1 victory to his incredible stud record when 3YO colt Satono Aladdin (Deep Impact-Magic Storm, by Storm Cat) avenged his fourth in last year's running of the prestigious Yasuda Kinen (1600m) and captured his first Gr1 when storming to a neck victory in the 67th running of the race. The Yasutoshi Ikee-trained galloper defied Gr1 Fururity winner Logotype (Lohengrin-Stereotype, by Sunday Silence) with Red Faix (Swept Overbaord-Vermouth, by Sunday Silence) a further neck back. Satono Aladdin joined an illustrious list of previous Yasuda Kinen luminaries including Vodka, Lord Kanaloa and Maurice (who shuttles to Arrowfield Stud in 2017, see below). Satono Aladdin took his record to 8 wind and 7 placings from 25 starts for ¥ 423,633,000 earnings. Jockey Yuga Kawada commented post race, "I thought he was a horse of great potential since I first rode him last season, and I'm delighted to have proved that today." Reply
Jump to: