FAQFAQ      RegisterRegisterLog inLog in

RACING FORUM >> Payne secures Royal Ascot ride
Torquil

Posted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 0:21 am

UK trainer Jane Chapple-Hyam has booked Australian jockey Michelle Payne to ride new stable recruit Kaspersky at Royal Ascot in what she hopes will be a prelude to the Melbourne spring carnival later in the year, reports Sky Sports. Formerly trained by Endo Botti, Kaspersky (Footstepsinthesand-Croanda, by Grand Lodge) is a winner of 12 of his 19 starts including two victories at Gr2 level. Kaspersky arrived at Chapple-Hyam's Newmarket stables last Saturday and is being prepared for the Gr1 Queen Anne Stakes at Royal Ascot en route to his primary end-of-year target, the Gr1 Emirates Stakes (2000m) at Flemington on 11 November. Chapple-Hyam said: "I've been friends with Michelle Payne for about eight years now and when we caught up at the Australian tennis, I was looking for a Melbourne Cup horse. It is so expensive to buy a Cup horse now, though, so I called Michelle and said, 'How about an Emirates Stakes horse instead?'". She added: "After the Royal meeting, we'd be looking at Ascot again for the Summer Mile - I've been second in that before so it would be great to win it - then we'll be packing him up for the Emirates Stakes at Flemington. I'm a Melbourne girl so to have a runner at the Cup Carnival would be amazing." Payne etched her name into racing folklore when she became the first female jockey in history to win Australia's most famous race when partnering Prince of Penzance to victory in the 2015 Melbourne Cup. Reply
Jump to: