FAQFAQ      RegisterRegisterLog inLog in

RACING FORUM >> Frankel Colt pleases connections.
Torquil

Posted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 0:19 am

The connections of beautifully bred colt Merovee, the first progeny of champion Frankel to race in Australia, were more than satisfied with the 2YOs debut despite his unplaced performance at Newcastle yesterday. The Chris Waller-trained colt, who was purchased for $1.6 million on behalf of a syndicate headed by Vinery Stud, was sent out as the $3 favourite in the Variety Children's Charity NSW 2YO Maiden Plate (1200m) but could only manage 6th behind the winner Sanctioned (by Teofilo). "I was delighted with him. He is beautifully bred but he's not a 1200 metre two-year-old and he's going to appreciate the experience," Bowman told AAP. "I was very pleased with the feel he gave me for the first time I've been on him." Waller was also happy with the performance. "He's a lovely horse. The race didn't really suit him. You will see a different horse in the spring," he said. The northern hemisphere conceived Merovee is the first foal to race from the talented filly More Strawberries, a winner of the Gr2 Furious Stakes & Gr2 Tea Rose Stakes as well as placed in the Gr1 Golden Slipper and Gr1 Flight Stakes. Reply
Jump to: