FAQFAQ      RegisterRegisterLog inLog in

RACING FORUM >> It's Catchy For Hayes
Torquil

Posted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 22:21 pm

David Hayes has nominated Catchy as Lindsay Park's best chance in tomorrow's $1.5 million Gr1 Blue Diamond Stakes (1200m) at Caulfield, reports Racing.com. The undefeated daughter of Fastnet Rock has drawn a wide gate (barrier 13) for Victoria's richest juvenile race, but Hayes is confident she has the class to overcome it. "She hasn't put a foot wrong. She reminds me a lot of the star two-year-olds we've had over the stable over the years," Hayes said. "Gary Fennessy [assistant trainer] said she reminds him of Midnight Fever, who won the race in 1987 very well for Dad [Colin Hayes]. Craig's [Williams] always compared her to Miss Finland. It's pretty hard not to tip her when you get those comparisons." However, Hayes did warn not to discount the stables other female runners Tulip and Formality. "I've got great respect for a filly called Tulip. I know she got beaten last start, but it was a long time between runs. She's been tuned up, and has a great barrier," he said. "Formality's form going into it has been impeccable too." Lindsay park will be represented by a total of six runners in the Blue Diamond, namely race favourite Catchy ($6), along with Formality ($7.50), Tulip ($6.50), Wait For No One ($31), Will's Bid ($61), and Muraahib ($35). Reply
Jump to: