FAQFAQ      RegisterRegisterLog inLog in

RACING FORUM >> Winx Perfect Ahead of Chipping Norton
Torquil

Posted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 22:19 pm

Champion mare Winx (Street Cry-Vegas Showgirl, by Al Akbar) cut an imposing figure as she strode out in her final gallop early Thursday morning before tackling tomorrow's Gr1 Chipping Norton Stakes (1600m) at Royal Randwick, reports racingnsw.com.au. The highest rated horse in the race, Winx will be seeking her 15th consecutive victory, and her 11th at the elite level, after resuming with a typically brilliant win in the Gr2 Apollo Stakes (1400m) two weeks ago. "I think she has certainly come on from her first-up run," jockey Hugh Bowman said. "This morning was nothing more than stretching the legs...she is a bit stronger in her work and a bit more relaxed in her demeanour so that suggests to me she is where she needs to be." Trainer Chris Waller's thoughts on the mighty mare echoed those of Bowman. "Physically I couldn't be happier with her," the champion trainer said. "She has maintained her weight and has probably muscled up and strengthened up a little bit more." He added: "She is going as well as ever. It's hard to quantify how well she is going though. Obviously we saw her win well first-up. You can't really go better than breaking a track record in a Cox Plate which was almost 18 months ago and then winning another Cox Plate by such a big margin." Winx is the $1.10 Tab favourite for tomorrow's $600,000 weight-for-age Gr1 Chipping Norton Stakes. Reply
Jump to: