FAQFAQ      RegisterRegisterLog inLog in

RACING FORUM >> Typical Racing
TOPOFTHEHILL

Posted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 12:07 pm

I was so angry that I couldn't post for several days for fear of posting something libellous. Last Saturdays racing was a disgrace. Racing, particularly jumping is at the very basic level a spectacle. At Ascot and Haydock last week the fog was so bad visibility was down to 50 to 100 meters but still the tracks took entrance money from the public. Its pure and simple robbery! racing should never have taken place at either course. It was an insult to the public and another example of just how greedy and unethical the business has become. Its an insult to the paying public and demonstrates that they don't care about offering value, nor do they consider their core audience. Even if you are just a betting fan you are entitled to actually see where you hard earned cash is going. The TV coverage was abysmal and worse than that was the unacceptable pictures of a horse breaking down catastrophically ironically at the only point on the course where the cameras could see everything in truly gruesome detail. It was hideous, I wonder just how many new race fans were generated by all that. Reply
Jump to: