FAQFAQ      RegisterRegisterLog inLog in

RACING FORUM >> Fastnet Rock adds US Gr3
Torquil

Posted: Sun Oct 30, 2016 23:08 pm

At Santa Anita Park in the US, Coolmore's former Gr1-winning Champion Australian Sire Fastnet Rock (Danehill-Piccadilly Circus, by Royal Academy) added a Group success when 3YO US-bred filly Cover Song (Fastnet Rock-Misty for Me, by Galileo) scored by a nose for trainer Carla Gaines in the US$100,000 Gr3 Autumn Miss Stakes (8 furlongs) for 3YO fillies, over fellow fillies Danilovna (Dansili-Hoity Toity, by Darshaan) & Barleysugar (Kyllachy-Caster Sugar, by Cozzene). Owned by B. Wayne Hughes' Spendthrift Farm, Cover Song improved her record to 2 wins and 3 placings from 8 starts for US$117,695 earnings. Speaking after the race, jockey Kent Desormeaux told Blood Horse: "She broke like a Quarter Horse. I was fearful that I was going to be 20 (lengths) in front, but she made the lead and then checked herself into a nice rhythm. She carried me around the track very, very well." He added: "My filly ran her heart out. I could feel her turning it on. She would not lose." The beautifully bred Cover Song is out of 4-time Gr1-winning filly Misty For Me (Galileo), dam also of Gr2 Duchess of Cambridge Stakes winner and Gr1 Cheveley Park Stakes placed juvenile filly Roly Poly (War Front). Reply
Jump to: