FAQFAQ      RegisterRegisterLog inLog in

RACING FORUM >> Chrome draws inside for Awesome Again S.
Torquil

Posted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 23:31 pm

Champion US galloper California Chrome has drawn the inside barrier for the US$300,000 Gr1 Awesome Again Stakes at Santa Anita Park on Saturday. The 2014 US Horse of the Year is coming off arguably the most impressive victory of his career in the Gr1 Pacific Classic where he destroyed a top-class field that included Beholder & Dortmund by 5 lengths. The win means California Chrome is eligible for a US$1 million bonus should he also land the Awesome Again and Breeder's Cup Classic. And according to his trainer Art Sherman, he is well on track to achieving just that. "I think I've got the best horse in the country," Sherman told Blood Horse. "I might be a little prejudiced about it, but, you know, he's done about everything a horse could do. We've travelled all over the country, abroad, and we've never ducked anybody, and it's been a hard journey. He really can't prove anything more to me. I think right now you're going to wind up seeing him the rest of the year at his peak." Undefeated in his five starts this year, California Chrome's record reads 14 wins from 23 starts for US$13,246,218 in earnings, making him the richest North American racehorse of all time ahead of 2008 Dubai World Cup winner Curlin with US$10,501,800. Reply
Jump to: