FAQFAQ      RegisterRegisterLog inLog in

RACING FORUM >> Star Shalaa returns Saturday
Torquil

Posted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 2:34 am

Outstanding UK colt Shalaa (Invincible Spirit-Ghurra, by War Chant) is scheduled to make his eagerly awaited return to racing in the Gr3 John Guest Bengough Stakes (6 furlongs) at Ascot on Saturday, reports Sky Sports. The John Gosden-trained 3YO has won 5 of his 6 starts hitherto, including juvenile Gr1 victories in the Middle Park Stakes and Prix Morny. The Al Shaqab-owned colt has not been seen since injuring his pelvis earlier this season, but is ready to make his comeback ahead of intended start in the Gr1 Champions Sprint on British Champions Day in two weeks time. "He's due to run on Saturday and it will be very exciting to see him back on the racecourse," said Harry Herbert, racing manager for Al Shaqab Racing. "It would have been a very big ask to run him on Champions Day without having had a run beforehand. I think it's a good sign John is keen to run him. I know he's very happy with the horse." He added: "I'm sure whatever he does he'll improve, but hopefully he'll run very well and it will leave him spot-on for a fortnight later. There are no easy races, but he's a special horse." Reply
Jump to: