FAQFAQ      RegisterRegisterLog inLog in

RACING FORUM >> Owner excited about Wicklow Cup bid
Torquil

Posted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 6:52 am

Owner Nick Peacock says he is excited about the prospect of having another runner in the Melbourne Cup following Wicklow Brave's surprise victory over Order Of St George in Saturday's Irish St Leger at The Curragh, reports At The Races. Peacock has had a Melbourne Cup runner before with the Willie Mullins-trained Simenon finishing fourth behind Fiorente in the 2013 edition of the Cup. Mullins, who also trains Wicklow Brave, has confirmed the 7YO will make the long trip to Australia for the race that stops a nation. "I still can't believe it, to be honest. I thought we had a pretty good chance of beating Trip To Paris, but I didn't think we'd beat Order Of St George in a month of Sundays," said Peacock. "We're now getting sorted for Australia and it is very exciting." Peacock said it was unlikely that Wicklow Brave would have another start before the Cup on Tuesday, 1st November. "I don't think he'll have another run between now and then. Simenon did have a run in Australia beforehand, but he hadn't run since the Ebor meeting at York," he said. "Wicklow Brave has run a bit later and I don't think he needs to run between now and the Melbourne Cup itself." Wicklow Brave was allocated 55kg when Melbourne Cup weights were released yesterday. Reply
Jump to: