FAQFAQ      RegisterRegisterLog inLog in

RACING FORUM >> Lady Aurelia wins Gr1 Prix Morny
Torquil

Posted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 4:51 am

Boom 2YO filly Lady Aurelia (Scat Daddy-D' Wildcat Speed, by Forest Wildcat) kept her perfect record in tact when winning the Gr1 Prix Morny (6 furlongs) at Deauville in France overnight. Having her first run since her breathtaking 7-length victory in the Gr2 Queen Mary Stakes (5 furlongs) at Royal Ascot in June, the US-bred filly showed her customary speed to lead throughout under jockey Frankie Detorri and score by 0.75-length over fellow 2YO filly Alrahma (Shamardal-Albaraah, by Oasis Dream) & 2YO colt Peace Envoy (Power-Hoh My Darling, by Dansili). Raced by a syndicate headed by Barbara Banke's Stonestreet Stables, Lady Aurelia extended her unbeaten record to 3 wins from 3 starts. "I was very excited and elated. It was wonderful," trainer Wesley Ward told At The Races. "I trained her a little light to give her a bit of time after she came home (from Royal Ascot) and she came back a little tired after this race, understandably because she wasn't up to what she was at Ascot." He added: "She'd breezed four times up to this, so I think this race is going to set her right off to the next one and that's the Cheveley Park." The Gr1 Cheveley Park Stakes (6 furlongs) will be run at Newmarket on 24 September. Reply
Jump to: