FAQFAQ      RegisterRegisterLog inLog in

RACING FORUM >> Serious Problems in UK Racing
TOPOFTHEHILL

Posted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 14:30 pm

There are huge problems in racing at the moment that need addressing, and this requires some LEADERSHIP, a commodity that is in short supply among ALL the regulatory and administrative bodies. I fear the BHA are going to hang out Gerard Butler to dry. OK I am not even going to excuse him but if they continue to solicit entries for the showcase races from overseas where it is OK to use Steroids or other medication as long as the horses are clear when racing, they should not even begin to try to penalize and warn off UK trainers for doing exactly the same thing. Can anyone explain the difference. Unless they profile each and every horse that races here from overseas to ensure that it has had no medication for an extended period (and I don't mean the 20 or 25 days withdrawal) then they should not be allowed to run. Analysis of hair from a normally growing tale will indicate whether a horse has been given medication over a long period. The science is available if they want to use it. I am convinced they really don't want to know. The use of medication in UK racing is extensive and that is a fact. Unless you start from that position you will never get close to controlling it Reply
Jump to: