FAQFAQ      RegisterRegisterLog inLog in

RACING FORUM >> Prix Arc de Triomphe HELP ME FIND A WINNER!
TOPOFTHEHILL

Posted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 14:05 pm

I know it’s a bit early but I am already looking forward to my trip to Paris next week for the Arc. I hope that between us we can come up with a decent runner or two.

I think Danedream must be the starting point. Is she as good or better than last year, the evidence is that she is certainly no worse and she was a very comfortable winner in 2011.

A filly that has impressed me this term is Shareeta. She looks to have loads to find on last years running but she was in as a pacemaker then. Her run at York was very convincing and I think she was even better in the Vermille definitely on the upgrade and I like to back fillies for these big G1’s at the end of the season.

Snow Fairy is solid but needs good ground, she will either get it or not at this stage you just have to leave her out but if she runs she will be fresh and has the class but she will have to find a bit more to beat Danedream.

I think Nathaniel will be ‘on the premises’ but I think his lack of a real change of pace will make it difficult for him. I think that St Nicholas Abbey got one bad and one pretty ordinary ride in his last 2 races and I would take him to reverse form with Nathaniel if the ground is good or better. If Camelot runs then he might get a better jockey. I can see him running well.

Saonoise for my mind ran the better trial but I am just not absolutely sure about his ability to stay 12 furlongs in a true run race. There is nothing in his pedigree to suggest that he will not but here is the downside of running the Prix du Jockey Club over 10.5 furlongs. His small field trial was one of those slow early races.

Orfevre is interesting as a Japanese runner, he is definitely quality but maybe not absolutely top quality which he would need to be to win this. The Japanese runners are getting better and better every year and have to be respected but this race is more often than not won by a French horse.

Anything that Andre Fabre runs needs to be looked at closely he is by some way the most successful trainer for this race.

That’s my initial thought so come on guys help me out. Tell me what you all think.
Jump to: