FAQFAQ      RegisterRegisterLog inLog in

RACING FORUM >> Mohaymen Confirms KY Derby favouritism
Torquil

Posted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 2:46 am

The Kiaran McLaughlin-trained Mohaymen (Tapit-Justwhistledixie, by Dixie Union) cemented his position as favourite for the Kentucky Derby when maintaining his unbeaten record in Saturday's US$350,000 Gr2 Holy Bull Stakes (8.5 furlongs) at Gulfstream Park. Carrying the Shadwell colours of Sheikh Hamdan, the grey son of champion North American sire Tapit took his record to 4 wins from 4 starts for US$559,830 earnings when scoring by 3.5-lengths over fellow 3YO colts Greenpointcrusader (Bernardini-Ava Knowsthecode, by Cryptoclearance) & Fellowship (Awesome of Course-Go Girlfriend Go, by Demidoff). "He took my breath away," McLaughlin told Blood Horse. "He's a real special colt and does everything right." He added: "It's just a real pleasure to have such a star in the barn for Sheikh Hamdan and Shadwell. I've trained for them for 23 years, and I trained the mother, so it's pretty special." McLaughlin said Mohaymen was likely to have his next start in the Gr2 Fountain of Youth Stakes on 27 February. Reply
Jump to: